AWS CloudTrail records user activity, compiling a comprehensive event history of who made changes where and when. SecureCloudDB now brings in CloudTrail logs, which adds depth to DAM reporting capabilities, strengthening your ability to pinpoint operational issues, detect security threats, and discover out-of-compliance events.
To create an alert policy with this functionality, select “Alerts” in the main menu, select “Policies” in the submenu, hit the blue add button in the lower right corner of the table. For “Alert Type” in step 1, select “Database Activity” and then follow the setup prompts.
Full Activity Monitoring Coverage of DynamoDB
The addition of CloudTrail support to existing activity monitoring capabilities means you won’t miss anything that happens inside or outside of your DynamoDB tables; SecureCloudDB provides the full picture - the who, what, where, when and how. Now you have a broader view of what’s going on, including alerting and forensics so if you suffer a breach, you can answer "What happened?".
Simplified Proxy Setup
Depending on which service you're looking to capture activity for, a proxy may be required. We’ve simplified the proxy setup.
First, a certificate authority must be established. Select “Setup” in the main menu, “Certificate Authority” in the sub menu, and then the blue add button in the lower right corner of the “Certificate Authority” table. Follow the prompts of the 3-step setup wizard to create your certificate authority.
Next, select “Setup” in the main menu, “Proxies” in the submenu, and the blue add button in the lower right corner of the “Proxies” table. Follow the prompts of the 5-step setup wizard to create a new proxy.
Database Agents Report
- Use the report to troubleshoot issues with Database Activity Monitoring (DAM) configurations and confirm what’s running smoothly.
- Shows which databases are configured for DAM, which databases are actively being monitored, how many agents and proxies are deployed, errors and more!
- Agent status (collecting or not collecting) and throughput are easily discernible at a glance.
- Click to drill down into DAM specifics for the corresponding database.
- Data refreshes multiple times per minute to ensure you have the most up-to-date information.
To access the report, click “Operational Security” in the main menu, select “Inventory”, then select “Database Agents”.